Looking back at our preliminary and our final film, there is a big difference.
http://thriller11group19.blogspot.com/2011/02/headteacher-pre-lim-film.html(link to 'Evil Head Teacher)
http://thriller11group19.blogspot.com/2011/03/addicted.html (link to 'Addicted')
The main differences are the Sound in our Preliminary, which was pretty basic, we wanted an eery effect, but ours sounded pretty basic and simple. When we did our final film, we wanted to have more of a build up. Which we achieved in Addicted by changing the music and adjusting the volume towards the end. In 'The head teacher' there was some dialogue but it was slightly unclear. We added voice over to our final film. Which was more effective then basic dialogue. The sound effect used in Evil Head Teacher could have been improved too, because it seemed slow compared to the action.
We used good close ups and lighting in 'Addicted', whereas in the other film, everything was simple, and unorganised. In Evil Headteacher, the setting was also all over the place, it was in the college's open space, ans as seen, there's worker's on the background. A good positive coming out of the film is the over the shoulder shot, which was also used in Addiced. Also, the mise-en-scene could of been improved in the headteacher, where the headteacher was in his own clothing, opposed to a suit or something more similar to what a headteacher would wear.
Media technology was not very good in the first film, it took us quite a while to get used to it, but because we kept practising with 'The head teacher we were able to feel comfortable using it for our main film. One of these was the camera as before we were absent for the introduction to it, and so it was sort of guessing and improving as we went a long. Whereas during the real film we knew what we were doing and therefore was able to do better shots. Similarly with Final cut pro, we were able to edit much quicker and effectively. We had more time and more dedication to the real film, and it ewas evident.